Folk band’s retelling of a harrowing local legend
A popular folk band will perform their new set at the Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft.
Zingaro Blue are making their long awaited return to the seaside venue on Friday, October 12 at 7.30pm, to treat fans to a performance of their quirky musical story telling.
The Lowestoft six-piece recently released a new YouTube video for their song “the Witch in the Wood”, an ethereal retelling of the witch of East Somerton legend.
Local folklore tells of a witch who was buried alive by villagers in the nave of St Mary’s church in East Somerton.
Her wooden leg grew into a massive oak tree which destroyed the church, and still stands in the centre of the ruins.
You may also want to watch:
The video is filmed at various historical locations across the county, including the eerie ruins of St Mary’s church.
Zingaro Blue are set to release their 3rd album this autumn.
Find out more about their show at the Seagull Theatre here.
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 6 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 7 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 8 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 9 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?