Folk band’s retelling of a harrowing local legend
A popular folk band will perform their new set at the Seagull Theatre in Lowestoft.
Zingaro Blue are making their long awaited return to the seaside venue on Friday, October 12 at 7.30pm, to treat fans to a performance of their quirky musical story telling.
The Lowestoft six-piece recently released a new YouTube video for their song “the Witch in the Wood”, an ethereal retelling of the witch of East Somerton legend.
Local folklore tells of a witch who was buried alive by villagers in the nave of St Mary’s church in East Somerton.
Her wooden leg grew into a massive oak tree which destroyed the church, and still stands in the centre of the ruins.
You may also want to watch:
The video is filmed at various historical locations across the county, including the eerie ruins of St Mary’s church.
Zingaro Blue are set to release their 3rd album this autumn.
Find out more about their show at the Seagull Theatre here.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 10 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof