Zaks American diner goes gourmet for charity fine dining event
- Credit: Archant
Budding chefs will place a gourmet twist on a familiar family menu as part of a charity fine dining event in Norwich.
Popular dishes from American diner Zaks will be given a make over and served up to guests during a one-off event at City College's Debut restaurant on February 8.
With a six-course menu, the evening will feature American-inspired mac and cheese canapes, slow cooked pulled pork shoulder and a 57 Chevy sorbet, as well as mini-slider versions of Zakes burgers, chocolate brownie cheesecake and coffee and petit fours to finish.
The event is in aid of local charity Connects & Co which provides emotional and practical support for children and young people who live with the effects of terminal or long-term illness, disability, mental health issues or additcion within their family.
Tickets for the event cost £30 per person, with £10 from each ticket going directly to Connects & Co.
You may also want to watch:
Reservations can be made by calling Debut on 01603 773227.
- 1 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 2 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 7 Former factory site to become a new church
- 8 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 9 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze