Your chance to design a GoGoHare for Norwich art trail
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
From a hare made of cheese to a colourful character decorated in a scene of our fine city, we have received all kinds of great ideas for our competition to design our GoGoHare for next year's charity art trail through Norwich - and there is still time for you to send in your entries.
Following in the footsteps of the GoGoGorillas! and GoGoDragons!, next summer more than 50 GoGoHares sculptures will be dotted around Norwich and Norfolk in a trail organised by children's charity Break and Wild in Art.
The EDP and Evening News are sponsoring the hare which will sit outside our head office in Rouen Road and we are challenging readers to send in their design ideas.
Whether you are young or old, a professional artist or an enthusiastic amateur, we would love to see your ideas for how you think our GoGoHare should be decorated.
As these pictures show, lots of entries have already been sent in to us, and people have until September 1 to submit their designs.
You may also want to watch:
Our previous GoGoDragon! competition was won by John Checketts whose idea saw the characters of St George and the dragon become one. His design was recreated on our sculpture by artist Martin Wall, who had also designed a St George-themed dragon, and the two ideas were combined to create George.
Sally Adams won our GoGoGorillas! competition with a Superman-inspired design and this was painted onto our sculpture by artist Jenny Leonard.
- 1 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 2 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 5 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 6 Birds of prey found shot and poisoned during raid in Norfolk
- 7 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’
- 8 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 9 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 10 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
Design ideas for our GoGoHare should be submitted on the template which can be downloaded from the link above.
The winning design will be recreated on a sculpture by a professional artist. Entries should be sent to Design-A-GoGoHare Competition, EDP, Evening News and Mustard TV, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE. Designs must be accompanied by entrant's name, age, address and phone number, as well as a short explanation of the design.
The competition is open to people of all ages. Entries by people under 16 must include the name and contact details of their parent or guardian.
The closing date is September 1. Normal Archant competition rules apply.