Youngsters show all you need is talent
All You Need Is Love, King's Lynn Young Players @ Springwood High School, King's Lynn. By Alison Croose.
All You Need Is Love, King's Lynn Young Players @ Springwood High School, King's Lynn
By Alison Croose
It wasn't just the topical Valentine theme which inspired this highly talented group to stage their most ambitious production to date – but also a very real love of theatre.
A total of 56 youngsters presented a polished show at Springwood High School and demonstrated that the future of King's Lynn Players is in competent hands.
You may also want to watch:
Teenagers who have earned the Young Players a host of accolades displayed their talents in a pot pourri of entertainment.
In excerpts from Romeo and Juliet and The Importance of Being Earnest the older members of the group confirmed their potential for serious drama, and proved their versatility in Victorian melodrama.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Sophie Steer, Charles Hotson, Greg Hale and Estelle Boon were among the Young Players adding to their experience in a variety of roles which were a credit to the company.
Poetry, song and dance, all on the theme of love, added to the variety – and there was plenty of humour too, not least in the sketch centred on a matrimonial bureau.
Youngsters are encouraged to tread the boards from the age of five and the young set performed their contributions with great charm and aplomb.