Young singers invited to join Broadland Youth Choir
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2014
A Norfolk youth choir which regularly shares the stage with professional performers has opportunities for new voices to join the group.
Broadland Youth Choir is looking for young people aged seven to 18 to join the group of more than 40 singers.
The first big event for those who join the choir in the next few weeks is likely to be the EDP Festival of Carols, the Eastern Daily Press' seasonal celebration which is held every December at St Andrew's Hall in Norwich.
'To sing is just a lovely thing to do. You do get a wonderful sense of achievement from it when you work at some songs and then you go out and perform them on stage,' said Broadland Youth Choir's musical director Carole Tims, who added that the group was also a great way for young people with a passion for music to make friends with similar interests.
Meanwhile some of the current youth choir members are preparing for two big events next month. They will be performing with vocal group Blake at Cromer Pier on October 10 and they will be singing in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar which is at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 19 to 24. Last year the choir appeared in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the city theatre.
About the opportunities for the young singers to perform alongside professionals, Mrs Tims said: 'It means a lot to have the chance to perform on stage with the professionals, money cannot buy those experiences. It is something that is very inspiring.'
Broadland Youth Choir rehearsals take place at Salhouse Jubilee Hall. For more about joining the choir, visit www.broadlandyouthchoir.co.uk or call Mrs Tims on 01603 721912. Anybody who is able to provide sponsorship for the choir should also call Mrs Tims on the above number.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 4 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 5 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 6 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 7 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
- 8 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 9 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 10 Royal estate closes winter light trail due to bad weather
The choir is performing with Blake at Cromer Pier on October 10 - visit www.cromerpier.co.uk
Jesus Christ Superstar is at Norwich Theatre Royal from October 19 to 24 - visit www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk
Do you have a Norwich arts story? Email arts correspondent Emma Knights at email@example.com