Young rats needed by Sheringham Little Theatre
Young rats are needed by Sheringham Little Theatre.
The drama venue is holding auditions on Saturday for youngsters aged eight to 10 wanting a rodent role in its Christmas production of Dick Whittington.
This new version pantomime was originally conceived and directed at The Lyric Theatre in London last year.
Little Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'The Little Theatre is delighted to have been granted the rights to produce the show for 2011 and is excited about the support that The Lyric has shown'.
Paston Sixth Form College is also supporting the production with drama tutor Simon Thompson directing the show and two Paston students sharing the role of Scaramouche, leader of the young rats.
The rats auditions are at 10am at Sheringham Community Centre.
The theatre is also calling for any young person between the age of 11 and 18 who has skills in either dancing, singing or acting to auditions at the same place at 12.30pm for a part in one of the performance teams.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 6 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
For more information please call the theatre on 01263 826171