Yare Valley churches to host flower festival
- Credit: EDP pics © 2011(01603) 772434
Music is set be celebrated in flowers at a special festival taking place acress three churches this weekend.
The Yare Valley Churches Flower Festival is this Saturday and Sunday at All Saints, Postwick, St Laurence, Brundall, and St Michael and All Angels, Braydeston.
This year's theme is songs, with visitors being challenged to guess the tunes that inspired the floral displays.
'This is an event which will bring the whole community together and will feature exhibits from a wide range of residents and community groups,' said Rector Peter Leech.
'We are certain that people who visit will appreciate the creativity, imagination and passion that each flower arranger shows as they plan and create the floral display.
You may also want to watch:
'Events like this should be fun and we hope people will enjoy looking at the displays and trying to 'name that tune.''
The festival runs at all three churches from 10am until 5pm on Saturday and from 1pm until 5pm on Sunday.
- 1 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 Teen opens American sweet shop in town
- 4 Chance to have your say over 4,000-home development
- 5 Driver who died in A47 crash had medical episode
- 6 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 7 Plans to open McDonald's on outskirts of town in 2022
- 8 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 9 Farke hammers Tzolis for penalty antics in City defeat
- 10 'Very high risk' paedophile who groomed 12-year-old has sentence doubled
Refreshments will be served in the St Laurence Centre, Brundall.