Rarely heard organ concerto to be played in historic abbey
- Credit: Archant
A rarely heard organ concerto will be included in a summer concert at a historical abbey.
Wymondham Abbey is playing host to Wymondham Symphony Orchestra's performance, in which Alexandre Guilmant's First Symphony for Organ and Orchestra will be played.
Rob Goodrich is currently celebrating his six-year anniversary as director of music at Wymondham Abbey.
He will be playing the organ in this rarely performed symphony. The Orchestra will also be performing two Brahms works, Academic Festival Overture and Symphony No. Two in D.
The concert starts at 7.30pm on June 30. Tickets are £12 for adults, £10 for Friends and £2 for children. They can be bought from Paul Chambers on 07701 067644.
You may also want to watch:
For postal tickets, please send requirements to: Paul Chambers (WSO Tickets), Brindle House, Common Lane, Shelfanger, Norfolk IP22 2DP.
Tickets are also available from Puff's Toyshop in Wymondham or on the door.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument