Take a first look inside the new Working Title clothing store in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
The owner of a Norwich menswear store, which has a host of celebrity fans, has moved into a former bridal shop in the city.
Working Title has relocated from a small unit in Bedford Street to a large two-floor building in nearby Bridewell Alley after 'incredible support' from customers since it opened.
The shop sells a range of major clothing brands from across Europe and also stocks items from local Norwich designers.
The shop was first opened in April 2016 by Martin Turner, from Thorpe St Andrew, with help from his husband David Lane after getting inspired on a holiday to Spain.
Mr Turner said: 'We went on holiday to Barcelona in January 2016 and we were walking around the side streets and saw a shop selling t-shirts by local artists and loved the idea.
You may also want to watch:
'On the journey home I said to David that I needed to open a shop and we came up with the name and did a spider diagram with Working Title in the middle and came up with ideas on the plane.
READ MORE: 'Sadly not my decision' - Theatre Royal panto favourite will not return in 2019'We opened later that year with t-shirts designed by Norwich artists and since then we have been getting brands in Norwich which people have never seen before.
'The support from customers in Norwich has been incredible for an independent and we thought it was time to go to the next step with new premises.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 4 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 5 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 6 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 7 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
The shop delivers worldwide and Mr Turner thinks that a lot of the success of the business has come through social media and celebrities endorsements including reality star Jake Quickenden, Duncan James from boyband Blue and model Sam Reece.
READ MORE: Norwich's 'best' pizza restaurant launches city delivery service'I'm really careful which celebrities I use as I want them to be fans of the shop and have never paid any to come to Norwich.
'It is really important in getting our name out there as their followers look up to them and buy clothes they wear.'
The building itself dates back to 1830 and its previous uses have included a watchmakers, fishmongers, RAF recruitment centre and it was a bridal shop in recent years.