Wolf Alice, UEA LCR, Norwich, music review: An atmospheric band lost in the performance
- Credit: Archant
For most, Wolf Alice first came onto their radar when the hit Beautifully Unconventional started being on mainstream radio. The atmospheric rock band from North London are able to make even the youngest teen feel nostalgic to an era before their time.
This sense of youthfulness was rather lost in the live performance with it seeming rather lacklustre to begin with. The tempo did improve as the gig went on, but just as it was getting up to speed the setlist slowed down again.
Although their performance was full of energy, that did not seem to transpire to the audience with most of the split aged gig-goers, mostly students and people over 40, only managed a slight bob as the band jumped around on stage.
There were cheers as the band played their most known songs, including Beautifully Unconventional, Don't Delete the Kisses and Silk but as the band left the stage before returning for an encore, there only appeared to be the die-hard fans at the front of the stage calling for 'one more song' as most appeared to be able to take it or leave it.
If you are on the fence about seeing this band, do not worry about missing them.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 5 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 9 Former factory site to become a new church
- 10 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze