Wisconsin brass band set for Norwich Arts Centre spectacle
- Credit: Archant
St Benedict's street will be infiltrated with the audible infusion of New Orleans Jazz and Funk when Youngblood Brass Band visit on Saturday evening.
The 10-member ensemble will be making their second appearance in Norwich when they take to the Arts Centre stage, and will be ready to light up the city with their sprightly stage presence.
The group previously played at Norwich Arts Centre in May 2009 in front of a sell-out crowd.
You may also want to watch:
The American brass group have been credited as the founding members of 'Riot Jazz', a twisted mix of funk, soul, hip hop and wild jazz, which is becoming increasingly popular within music circles.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
Youngblood, who hail from Oregon, Wisconsin, formed after they met at high school and have been unleashing their eclectic, jump-around music style worldwide for the past 15 years.
The group have headlined countless tours in the US and have embarked on several global tours, selling out dates in over 20 countries.
Their festival résumé includes iconic music event Glastonbury, Pukkelpop, North Sea Jazz, and WOMAD amongst many others.
Youngblood have recently signed up to British record label Tru Thoughts and have received glowing endorsements from the likes of legendary DJ's Craig Charles and Gilles Peterson.
They will be supported by local ska and funk collective Killamonjambo and guest DJ Sure Delight.