Wisconsin brass band set for Norwich Arts Centre spectacle
- Credit: Archant
St Benedict's street will be infiltrated with the audible infusion of New Orleans Jazz and Funk when Youngblood Brass Band visit on Saturday evening.
The 10-member ensemble will be making their second appearance in Norwich when they take to the Arts Centre stage, and will be ready to light up the city with their sprightly stage presence.
The group previously played at Norwich Arts Centre in May 2009 in front of a sell-out crowd.
The American brass group have been credited as the founding members of 'Riot Jazz', a twisted mix of funk, soul, hip hop and wild jazz, which is becoming increasingly popular within music circles.
- 1 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 2 Row erupts after dozens of trees aligning footpath chopped down
- 3 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 4 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 Christmas lights switch-on cancelled due to forecasted high winds
- 7 Freezing cold temperatures could see snow in parts of Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Winter Wonderland coming to park with ice slide, donkeys and reindeer
- 9 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 10 Primary pupil sexually assaulted on way to school
Youngblood, who hail from Oregon, Wisconsin, formed after they met at high school and have been unleashing their eclectic, jump-around music style worldwide for the past 15 years.
The group have headlined countless tours in the US and have embarked on several global tours, selling out dates in over 20 countries.
Their festival résumé includes iconic music event Glastonbury, Pukkelpop, North Sea Jazz, and WOMAD amongst many others.
Youngblood have recently signed up to British record label Tru Thoughts and have received glowing endorsements from the likes of legendary DJ's Craig Charles and Gilles Peterson.
They will be supported by local ska and funk collective Killamonjambo and guest DJ Sure Delight.