Winners are announced during first weekend of Norwich Film Festival
The Norwich Film Festival started this weekend with a selection of short movies being shown at the Hollywood Cinema, near Anglia Square.
There were 19 short films screened on both Friday and Saturday night, including the festival's winners.
The winners - judged by a panel including Lord of the Rings actor Bernard Hill - were announced.
The Best Short award was won by Jane Gull's Sunny Boy, the Best Animated Film was claimed by Gergely Wootsch's This Is Not Real, the Best Student Film went to Hadi Ghandour for Love After Sunrise and the Best Documentary Film was won by an Indian film, Dilli, directed by Sushmit Ghosh.
The festival continues this Friday and Saturday, when it moves to the Curve digital theatre at The Forum to screen the short films that were nominated for this year's BAFTAs.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a question and answer session with filmmakers afterwards. For more details, go to www.norwichfilmfestival.co.uk
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 4 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 5 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 6 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 7 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 8 A148 shut for 'most of morning' after serious crash
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch