Win a pair of tickets to see Erasure in Thetford Forest
The Eastern Daily Press have teamed up with the Forestry Commission to offer one lucky winner a pair of tickets to see the return of Erasure with special guest Sophie Ellis Bexter as part of their Total Pop! Tour at Thetford Forest on Friday June 10.
After more than four years away from recording and live performance, Erasure have announced the Total Pop! tour, a series of dates for summer 2011 playing their hits as part of Forestry Commission Live Music, where acts perform in spectacular woodland locations across the country. The Total Pop! tour will coincide with the release of Erasure's brand new album, planned for release in summer 2011.
Commenting on the tour, Erasure's Andy Bell said: 'This wonderful opportunity to perform for the fans in such a unique backdrop feels like just the right way to jump back in to Erasure after a four year break. We're excited to be playing in the woods.'
Formed 25 years ago, the award-winning duo of Vince Clarke and Andy Bell unleashed on the nation a succession of both influential and chart-topping pop anthems of the Eighties through to today. Songs like A Little Respect, Sometimes, Ship of Fools and Love To Hate You ensured a formidable presence on the singles charts complemented by five consecutive No 1 albums, including the beginning of the worldwide Abba revival 'Abba-esque'.
From Lady Gaga to La Roux, the futurist, electronic sound Erasure championed is more relevant today than ever, and once again re-charging the global music scene. Clarke's swirling synths and Bell's angelic vocals offer both a contrast and complement to the ancient and bucolic forests in which they will perform. These shows will provide a magical environment for Erasure to deliver their fantastic, phantasmagoric entertainment.
Tickets cost �34.50 (subject to booking fee) from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 2 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 Warning after dogs left 'limp or lifeless' by mystery illness
- 5 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 6 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 7 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 8 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 9 Great Yarmouth's model village Banksy sold at auction
- 10 Liz Truss told £500,000 flight was 'grotesque misuse of taxpayers' money'
How to enter:
For your chance to win, answer the following question -
How many years ago did Erasure form?
Click the link at the top of the next column to enter.
Terms and conditions:
The closing date for this competition is Friday June 3, 2011. Standard Archant competition rules apply - follow the Terms & Conditions link on this website.