William Shakespeare and Jane Austen classics to be performed outside two historic halls
- Credit: Archant
Theatregoers will be able to enjoy a romantic comedy and literary classic in front of two north Norfolk historic halls.
Rain or Shine Theatre Company will be performing The Merchant of Venice in the walled garden lawn of Mannington Hall, Saxthorpe, on Friday June 20.
It will be an outdoor production and gates open at 5.30pm for a 7pm start.
The Merchant of Venice, written by William Shakespeare, is a comedy that weaves a web of romantic intrigue, cunning duplicity and comical foolery.
Tickets cost £13.50, £11.50 and £6.50. Tickets for groups of 10 or more cost £10.
Blickling Estate will be hosting an outdoor production of Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility on Thursday July 3.
It will be performed by the touring Chapterhouse Theatre Company in front of the Jacobean hall at 6.30pm.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 7 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 8 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 9 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 10 No queues at walk-in vaccine centre
The company has previously put on outdoor productions at Blickling Hall and last year performed Pride and Prejudice.
Actors in the show are Katherine Astbury, Helen Fullerton, Gemma Marsh, Anna Simmons, Katy Helps, George Weightman, Graham Hill and Paul Tonkin.
It has been directed by Rebecca Gadsby and adapted by Laura Turner.
Sense and Sensibility was Jane Austen's first published work when it appeared in 1811 under the pseudonym A Lady.
It portrays the life and loves of the Dashwood sisters, Elinor and Marianne, and the novel follows the sisters to their new home, a cottage on a distant relative's property, where they experience love, romance and heartbreak.
Tickets cost £14 for adults, £10 for children and students, and £42 for a family of two adults and two children. People will need to bring low-backed seating or rugs to both shows and can bring a picnic.
To buy tickets for The Merchant of Venice call 01263 584175/768444. For Sense and Sensibility call 0844 2491895.