Will and Grace is back - oh Karen, we’ve missed you
- Credit: C5
That's right, honey, Will and Grace are back and - more to the point - so is boozehound and codeine fairy Karen Walker with her trademark acid tongue. Hooray! Let's take a look at the wisdom of Walker.
Will and Grace is back after an 11 year break which means only one thing – a chance to catch up with the wonder that is the pill-popping, jet fuel sniffing gin-soaked narcissist that is Karen Walker.
While it'll be nice to see the chemistry between the titular protagonists and find out how many more celebrity hair clippings Jack has amassed and how many auditions he's failed, it's Karen that we're all dying to reconnect with.
Grace's 'spoiled, shrill, gold-digging socialite' personal assistant Karen, played by Megan Mullally, is the highlight in an award-winning series which brought together stars Eric McCormack (Will Truman), Debra Messing (Grace Adler) and Sean Hayes (Jack McFarland).
The decision to reboot the show came after the cast reunited for a one-off topical clip during the American elections in November 2016. The first episode opens in the aftermath of Donald Trump's election.
You may also want to watch:
To celebrate the return of the show, here are 20 of Karen's wittiest one-liners:
- 1 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 4 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 8 Child groomer caught by seven paedophile hunter groups
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 50 home development approved despite flooding fears
20 times that Karen Walker nailed it
1) 'Ok, rule number one. Unless you're served in a frosted glass, never come within four feet of my lips.'
2) 'You say potato, I say vodka.'
3) 'That's like saying Pradas are just shoes, or vodka is just a morning beverage!'
4) 'Tact is for people who aren't witty enough to be sarcastic.'
5) 'Honey, I've always said, if your genitals are on the outside, you're hiding something on the inside.'
6) 'Light beer? What's next, non-addictive pain killers?'
7) 'Husbands come and go but the Chanel slingback is forever.'
8) 'My catchphrase is: 24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, you figure it out.'
9) 'I'm fabulous, OK? I'm an incredible dresser, I've got buckets of money, I'm a hoot and a half and I've got a killer rack.'
10) 'Good Lord, I can't believe I'm at a public pool. Why doesn't somebody just pee directly on me?'
11) 'I'd suck the alcohol out of a deodorant stick.'
12) 'I just want somebody who gets me. Somebody who's comfortable in my world, and makes me laugh and occasionally brings me flowers. And... somebody who likes kittens, and the hard-core bondage scene.'
13) 'I'm high from something I found under the sink in your bathroom.'
14) 'Oh God, did you rent Pretty Woman again? Face it, Grace, the only things you and Julia Roberts have in common are horse teeth and bad taste in men.'
15) 'I'm too tired to slap you. Would you just bash your face against my palm?'
16) 'I think the real mistake was when your father spotted your mother across a crowded swamp, dragged her back to his hut and made you.'
17) 'I'm not good or real…I'm evil and imaginary.'
18) 'Well, well, well. Look what the cat cleaned up, showered, exfoliated, powdered, lipsticked, Gucci'd and dragged in.'
19) 'They're like Siamese twins who are joined at their boring personalities.'
20) 'How did you hurt your back? Running away from good taste?'
* Will and Grace returns to Channel 5 on Fridays at 10pm from January 5.