Wildlife fun at Pensthorpe, host of Springwatch
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, home to the BBC's Springwatch, is hosting the third Wild About the Wensum day this Saturday. Opening the event is CBeebies' star Jelly.
Pensthorpe Nature Reserve, home to the BBC's Springwatch, is hosting the third Wild About the Wensum day this Saturday from 10am-5pm.
Opening the event (11am) is CBeebies' star Jelly from The Story Makers and Green Balloon Club.
Organisers are hoping the 2009 attendance will top the 4,000 who came to the event at the reserve near Fakenham last year.
There will be local craft demonstrations, mobile making, face painting, a bird radio tracking game, bird identification sessions with local experts and other games and adventures. Music is provided by folk band Rig a Jig Jig. There will also be a hog roast and barbecue.
You may also want to watch:
Admission to Pensthorpe and the event is free on the day, with a �4 car parking charge per vehicle to help make the event financially sustainable and to encourage car sharing.
The species being supported by this year's event will be the barn owl.
- 1 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 2 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 3 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 4 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 5 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 8 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Man seriously injured after crash