Wilde Club returns with Nottingham art-punks
Colin WilsonThe Wilde Club presents a headline appearance from Nottingham 'art punks' Nephu Huzzband at Norwich Arts Centre on Saturday.Colin Wilson
The Wilde Club presents a headline appearance from Nottingham 'art punks' Nephu Huzzband at Norwich Arts Centre this Saturday (8pm).
Combining a large range of influences, Nephu Huzzband bring together elements of indie, post-hardcore, new wave and punk to create a fresh sound.
The band have come a long way in a short space of time since early 2008 when their debut EP Papers received national support on Gideon Coe's and Liz Kerhsaw's BBC6 Music shows, the band were then invited to a live Hub Session for George Lamb BBC6 Music Show earlier this year.
Nurse! Nurse! The band's second single also saw further support from BBC 6 plays, Radio 1 support from Huw Stephens and Xfm support on John Kennedy's show.
The gig will see Nephu Huzzband previewing songs from their forthcoming debut album Elementary which comes out in October.
Support comes from Norwich indie-pop band MEN, three-piece hardcore outfit Kelso from Bury St Edmunds/Norwich and Lowestoft three-piece Faster than Robots who take their lead from the American left-field.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
- 3 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 4 Star-studded line-up announced for free Norfolk festival
- 5 RAF flypast to pass through Norfolk's skies
- 6 World record? 24 ducklings spotted waddling through Norfolk village
- 7 Norfolk's 100 Jubilee street parties revealed
- 8 George Ezra to host album launch show in Norwich
- 9 'Long-awaited in the area' - New Norfolk deli celebrates local produce
- 10 Interactive and immersive dinosaur attraction opening in Norfolk this month
t 01603 660352 (�5 adv), Norwich Arts Centre box office, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk