Wilde Club returns with Nottingham art-punks
Colin WilsonThe Wilde Club presents a headline appearance from Nottingham 'art punks' Nephu Huzzband at Norwich Arts Centre on Saturday.Colin Wilson
The Wilde Club presents a headline appearance from Nottingham 'art punks' Nephu Huzzband at Norwich Arts Centre this Saturday (8pm).
Combining a large range of influences, Nephu Huzzband bring together elements of indie, post-hardcore, new wave and punk to create a fresh sound.
The band have come a long way in a short space of time since early 2008 when their debut EP Papers received national support on Gideon Coe's and Liz Kerhsaw's BBC6 Music shows, the band were then invited to a live Hub Session for George Lamb BBC6 Music Show earlier this year.
Nurse! Nurse! The band's second single also saw further support from BBC 6 plays, Radio 1 support from Huw Stephens and Xfm support on John Kennedy's show.
You may also want to watch:
The gig will see Nephu Huzzband previewing songs from their forthcoming debut album Elementary which comes out in October.
Support comes from Norwich indie-pop band MEN, three-piece hardcore outfit Kelso from Bury St Edmunds/Norwich and Lowestoft three-piece Faster than Robots who take their lead from the American left-field.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 8 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
t 01603 660352 (�5 adv), Norwich Arts Centre box office, www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk