What’s on in Norfolk: Norwich Does Vintage
- Credit: Archant
Last weekend it was Lou Lou's Vintage Fair, this week the retro theme continues as Norwich Does Vintage returns to the fine city.
It's fair to say that Norwich loves all things vintage, from fashion to furniture, you can find it in the city inside the various retro shops dotted around the Lanes, and at the quirky events that take place every few weeks, such as tea dances and fairs.
Last weekend St Andrew's Hall was once again home to Lou Lou's Vintage Fair and this Saturday will see a similar event take place, but this time at OPEN.
Norwich Does Vintage, part of Britain Does Vintage, returns to the fine city selling clothing, homewares and kitchenalia. There will also be live music performances from 40s, 50s and 60s singer Jackie Raven, as well as a beauty bar where guests will be able to get the Pin Up hairstyle of their dreams and a vintage tearoom set up by VinTEAge serving cake, pastries and a range of hot drinks.
Attendees will also have the opportunity to try their hand at crocheting, as Folk Who Bespoke, a creative mother and daughter duo from Norfolk, will be holding beginners crochet workshops at 12pm and 2pm.
You may also want to watch:
Organisers of the event said: 'We're so excited for our first vintage fair at OPEN, we feel this is going to quickly become our home in beautiful Norwich, so an event we can finally really start building on at the end of 2016 and into 2017!'
• Norwich Does Vintage will take place at OPEN on Saturday October, 8 from 11am to 4.30pm and entry will cost £2 per person.
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car
- 10 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen