What’s on in Norfolk? 20 things to do July 24-30
- Credit: Mary McCartney
Looking for something to do in Norfolk between July 24 to 30? Arts correspondent Emma Knights highlights 20 shows and events to enjoy.
For the latest What's On news click here• Dippy's Birthday Party Week - Dinosaur Adventure, Lenwade, July 24-30
Families are invited to get into the party spirit and help Dinosaur Adventure's Dippy the Dinosaur celebrate in style by joining in with lots of fun activities.
Various ticket prices - www.dinosauradventure.co.uk
• Cromer Pier Shows - Cromer Pier, June 24-September 23
You may also want to watch:
The Pavilion Theatre's summer spectaculars feature an eclectic blend of pop music, West End ballads, speciality acts and comedians. Show 1 runs from June 24 to September 9, Show 2 runs from July 8 to September 6, and a Best of Show 2017 runs from Sept 12 to 23.
Tickets - £12-£25 adults (concs. from £10) - www.cromerpier.co.uk or call 01263 512495
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 4 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 7 Concern raised over work on anaerobic digestion plant on outskirts of village
- 8 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks
- 9 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
• Taking Steps - Maddermarket Theatre, Norwich, July 21-29
The Norwich Players present this Alan Ayckbourn comedy in which chaos ensues as a builder tries to sell his house to a hard-drinking business tycoon called Roland.
Tickets £8-£12 - www.maddermarket.co.uk or call 01603 620917
• Events On A Hotel Terrace - Sheringham Little Theatre, July 21-29
Intimate Exchanges presents an Alan Ayckbourn comedy in which Celia and Toby take their first holiday together in years - but it is not the holiday Toby promised.
Tickets £18 adults, £11 for under 16s - www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com or call 01263 822347
• Alice in Wonderland - Catton Park July 22 and 29, Bungay Castle August 11 and 12, and Blackwater Farm, Norwich, August 26 and 27.
An open air theatre production of the classic Lewis Carroll story presented by Strange Fascination.
Tickets £12 adults, £8 children - www.ticketsource.co.uk/strange-fascination-theatre
• Sandringham Flower Show - Sandringham Park, July 26
Now in its 135rd year, the annual event celebrating the very best in horticulture also has lots of activities for all the family to enjoy.
Tickets £10 adults, children 16 years and under are free - www.sandringhamflowershow.org.uk
• As You Like It - Holkham Hall, July 26
LAMDA students present the comedy As You Like It which sees Rosalind and Orlando's famous courtship played out amid the turmoil of political rivalry, mistaken identity and exile in the Forest of Arden.
Tickets £15 adult £15, £10 children, £45 family (two adults and two children) - www.holkham.co.uk or call 01328 713111
• Alice Back In Wonderland - Norwich Theatre Royal, July 26-29
Norwich Theatre Royal Youth Company presents a new show in which Lewis Carroll's Alice heads back into Wonderland where the Jabberwock is terrorising the land, and the Queen of Hearts is up to no good. Can Alice save the day?
Tickets £7-£12 - www.theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000
• Outdoor Cinema Events - Fritton Lake, Fritton, July 27-29
Enjoy watching classic movies in the open air, with Big being screened on July 27, Gremlins on July 28 and Dirty Dancing on 29.
Tickets for each night £12 adults (with one free child), £8 teenagers aged 15 to 17, £5 children - www.popuppictures.co.uk
• Laugh in the Park - Chapelfield Gardens, Norwich, July 27-30
Red Card Comedy Club returns for the Laugh in the Park four-day festival of comedy.
Tickets £20 per day - www.redcardcomedyclub.com
• Southburgh Festival of World Music - Burton Manor Barns, Southburgh, July 28-30
A three-day festival for all the family celebrating music, story telling, food and crafts from across the globe.
Tickets - £38 adult weekend camping ticket, plus additional £10 camping fee for camper vans/motor homes, £18 adult day ticket, £9 child day or weekend ticket - www.southburghfestival.co.uk
• Open air concerts at Taverham Hall - Taverham, near Norwich July 28-30
Outside Live is presenting a weekend of outdoor concerts at Taverham Hall, including Jools Holland on July 28, The Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra performing The Music of Bond on July 29, and country music act The Shires on July 30.
Various ticket prices - www.outsidelive.co.uk
• Bouncers - Westacre Theatre, Westacre, July 28-29, August 2-5
The Westacre Theatre Company presents John Godber's Bouncers, a fast-moving, rumbustious, bawdy comedy about four nightclub bouncers and the characters they meet.
Tickets £16 adults (£12 under 12s) - www.westacretheatre.com or call 01760 755 800
• Wells Carnival - Wells, July 28-Aug 6
Wells Carnival kicks off a week of festivities on Friday, July 28, with an array of events each day of the carnival including Carnival Day on Saturday, August 5.
For more details on all the different events, visit www.wellscarnival.co.uk
• The Black and White Show - St George's Theatre, Great Yarmouth, July 29-30
NabJab Dance and Performing Arts present their new production, The Black And White Show, a unique and creative exploration of everything black and white.
Tickets £10 (£6 concessions) - www.stgeorgestheatre.com or call 01493 331484
• Nelson and Norfolk - Norwich Castle, July 29-October 1
A major exhibition focusing on Norfolk's most famous son, Admiral Lord Nelson, incorporating significant objects connected to the man himself, and examining the way in which his achievements have continued to exert a powerful fascination in the 200 years since his death.
Tickets £6 adults, £5.70 concessions, £4.80 children aged four to 18-years-old - www.museums.norfolk.gov.uk
• Gorleston Clifftop Festival - Gorleston, July 29-30
A two-day festival full of a variety of entertainment, stalls, fun fair, live music, sports and more, with a firework finale on the Sunday evening at 10pm.
Free entry - find Gorleston Clifftop Festival on Facebook
• Norfolk Film Festival - East Tuddenham Hall and Social Club, East Tuddenham, July 29 and 30
A two-day festival of film showcasing more than 60 short films with some featuring actors from Live by Night, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, The Office, Emmerdale and Hollyoaks.
Tickets £5.90–£6.90 - www.norfolkfilmfestival.co.uk
• EARTH SKY: Richard Long at Houghton - runs until October 26, open Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday from 11am
Turner Prize-winning artist Richard Long has created art all across the globe, and his latest major exhibition EARTH SKY features works inspired by Houghton Hall and its surrounds.
Tickets £18 to visit the exhibition, house, gardens and grounds, £10 to just visit the gardens and grounds, children aged 16 and under are free - visit www.houghtonhall.com
• Summer Spectacular Circus and Water Show - The Hippodrome Circus, Great Yarmouth, runs until September 17
The Hippodrome's 2017 summer show features circus acts from around the world, comedy from Jack Jay and Johnny Mac, and a water spectacular grand finale which sees the circus ring turned into a giant pool.
Various ticket prices - www.hippodromecircus.co.uk
For the latest What's On news click here