What’s on at the final Saturday of the Norwich Science Festival?
- Credit: Archant
The team at the Norwich Science Festival are expecting a busy final weekend at the Forum and at other venues around the city, as the festival draws to a close.
In true Halloween spirit, today the Science Festival is holding a 'Pumpkin Rescue,' to show crafty carvers how they can better use the pumpkin's innards in recipes, to avoid food waste.
Scientists from the University of East Anglia and the Norwich Research Park will also be on site all day talking about how science can help us solve issues we face in today's society, such as age, dementia, and cancer.
Today's talks also include a debate with the team at the Big C, who will be discussing the merits of preventitive versus curing cancer, in the Forum Auditorium at 3pm.
On offer today is also an exhibition on science in places you might not expect to find it; photography. The exhibition at the Norfolk Heritage Centre will look at how science has changed the methods of how photography captures and processes images, and are all the works of local artists.
You may also want to watch:
The gallery Respond: Climate Change is also still on offer in The Forum's Gallery, for visitors to take a look at pieces on the topic of climate change. Artists Janice Kerbal, John Kelly, Elizabeth Wright and Alice Bouttell use a range of artistic mediums to cpnsider the ways in which our society understands and reacts to global climate change.
For further information about the weekend's events, visit: www.norwichsciencefestival.co.uk/#events-list
- 1 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 4 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 Plans for seven new supermarkets in Norfolk - but where will they be?
- 9 Police called after elderly, sick seal attacked with stones
- 10 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision