Westlife to headline Thetford Forest gig
Boy band Westlife will play at Thetford Forest this summer as part of the Forestry Commission's Live Music series.
During their 12 years at the top of pop's hierarchy, Westlife sold more than 43 million records around the world. In the UK alone they scored 10 multi-platinum albums and 14 number one hits, making them the top-selling group of the past decade.
With hits including Flying Without Wings, What Makes A Man, Unbreakable, You Raise Me Up and The Rose, the group has won numerous awards including two BRITS, an MTV Europe Music Award and are the only artists to win Record of the Year four times.
Westlife, alongside special guests, will play at Thetford Forest on July 15.
The announcement follows confirmation that 1980s supergroup Simple Minds will perform at the forest on June 11, Synth-pop pioneers Erasure on June 10, Status Quo on June 9 and Brian Ferry on July 16. A further gig on July 14 is yet to be announced.
Tickets will cost �37.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on Friday. They will be available from the Forestry Commission box office by calling 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 'TV naturalist suggests Western Link is not 'tolerable'
- 10 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals