Westlife to headline Thetford Forest gig
Boy band Westlife will play at Thetford Forest this summer as part of the Forestry Commission's Live Music series.
During their 12 years at the top of pop's hierarchy, Westlife sold more than 43 million records around the world. In the UK alone they scored 10 multi-platinum albums and 14 number one hits, making them the top-selling group of the past decade.
With hits including Flying Without Wings, What Makes A Man, Unbreakable, You Raise Me Up and The Rose, the group has won numerous awards including two BRITS, an MTV Europe Music Award and are the only artists to win Record of the Year four times.
Westlife, alongside special guests, will play at Thetford Forest on July 15.
The announcement follows confirmation that 1980s supergroup Simple Minds will perform at the forest on June 11, Synth-pop pioneers Erasure on June 10, Status Quo on June 9 and Brian Ferry on July 16. A further gig on July 14 is yet to be announced.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets will cost �37.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale at 9am on Friday. They will be available from the Forestry Commission box office by calling 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich