Wells to host motorcycle show
Richard ParrWells will become a sea of shining chrome and metal when the town hosts its first motorcycle show. Hundreds of motorbikes and their proud owners are expected to converge on the seaside town in June.Richard Parr
Wells will become a sea of shining chrome and metal when the town hosts its first motorcycle show.
Hundreds of motorbikes and
their proud owners are expected to converge on the seaside town in
June when the event is staged on the Beach Road playing field.
It is being organised on similar lines to the successful annual
classic bike show staged at Wimbotsham, near Downham Market, and will see all proceeds going towards the 1st Wells Sea Scouts.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Prince Harry's ex marries north Norfolk hotelier
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Tractor being used for A11 roadworks had faulty brakes
- 8 'It's a nightmare' - Roadworks leave town 'gridlocked'
- 9 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 10 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
A small group involved with the Scouts is organising the event.
Spokesman Greg Hewitt said
that, weather permitting, there
could be up to 500 bikes on show
from vintage machines to more contemporary models.
It is also planned to have trade and dealer stands and a prize for the
"Some of the people involved
in running the Scout group have bikes and we all went to last year's event at Wimbotsham and thought
it would be a cracking idea to
stage something similar in Wells,"
said Mr Hewitt.
"If the first event on June 21 is successful, we hope it can become an annual feature in the town," he added.
Admission to the day-long event will be �1 per wheel.
For more information contact
Mr Hewitt on 0781 081 3536.