Website ‘glitch’ blamed for claims Will Young will perform at Radio 1 Big Weekend in Norwich
- Credit: PA
Will Young fans will be disappointed to find the star will not be performing at Radio 1's Big Weekend in Norwich, despite his website claiming otherwise.
His management have apologised for any confusion after a 'glitch' on the website listed a performance at Earlham Park in Norwich on May 23.
Young was a guest on BBC programme the One Show last night.
The Leave Right Now singer's management IE Music said there were currently no dates booked for the star.
A spokesman said: 'The date should be removed imminently and my apologies for any confusion.'
Young won the 2002 ITV talent show Pop Idol, and became known for his version of Light My Fire, and hits such as Jealousy and Losing Myself.
Europe's biggest free festival the Big Weekend is coming to Norwich on May 23 and 24, when acts such as The Foo Fighters, Muse and Taylor Swift will perform to crowds of 25,000 each day.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword
- 9 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 10 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia