Wartime variety show on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Songs, comedy and variety will be performed at an end-of-the-pier theatre to mark 70 years after the end of the Second World War in Europe.
A new wartime cavalcade show called We'll Meet Again is coming to the Cromer Pier Pavilion Theatre on Tuesday May 5 at 2.30pm.
It has been produced by Duggie Chapman and marks the 70th anniversary of VE Day.
The show features comedy entertainer Steve Barclay, who will perform impressions of wartime comedians.
Ukulele player Andy Eastwood will also star in the show.
You may also want to watch:
The production will feature new West End singing star Maggie O'Hara, who will perform the songs of Vera Lynn, Gracie Fields and Anne Shelton.
The full supporting cast will include Mervyn Francis, former singer from the Black and White Minstrel Show, and special guest comedian and multi-instrumentalist Pete Lindup.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 3 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 4 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 7 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 8 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 9 Former village pub for sale as home
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
Live music will be provided by the Martyn St James Band.
The sentimental show is a fitting tribute to the country's armed forces - past, present and future - and features all the great songs and music of the war years.
Tickets for the show cost £12.50 for adults and £10.50 for concessions.
To book visit www.cromer-pier.com or call 01263 512495.