Walk, paddle or play golf to help Break
Victoria LeggettA north Norfolk charity has announced five fundraisers over the next few months to help support vulnerable families.Victoria Leggett
A north Norfolk charity has announced five fundraisers over the next few months to help support vulnerable families.
Break, based in Sheringham, hopes the events will raise lots of money and help it reach a target of more than �500,000 over the next year.
The activities begin on May 17 with the Somerleyton Hall walk, followed by a community fun day and five-a-side football tournament at Cromer sports centre on June 21.
The Broads 40k Paddle Challenge, where participants spent three days travelling along the Broads in a canoe, takes place between July 3 and 5.
You may also want to watch:
It starts at Wayford Bridge with a night under the stars and finishes at Hickling Broad with an overnight stop at Acle.
The Barnard charity golf day at Bawburgh Golf Club is on July 13.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Man seriously injured after crash
- 3 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 4 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
- 5 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 6 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 7 Man admits causing death of popular sportsman by dangerous driving
- 8 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 9 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 10 Minke whale washes up on beach
Break is also looking for energetic volunteers to scramble across the peaks of the Snowdon Horseshoe Challenge in Wales between September 11 and 13 and raise money for the charity.
Break provides holidays, care and support for vulnerable adults and children.
For more information, visit www.break-charity.org, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01263 820709.