Your chance to play a part in this year’s Norfolk and Norwich Festival
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
People are being given the chance to play a part in this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival by signing up to be volunteers for the May arts extravaganza.
The festival is currently recruiting volunteers for a variety of roles and people have until Monday, March 12 to apply.
More than 120 people were volunteers at the 2017 festival and during this year's event - which will run from May 11 to 27 - there are opportunities to do everything from being an event steward to a host in the Adnams Spiegeltent to a volunteer driver. Other roles include being a lead volunteer, event manager's assistant, finance assistant, office assistant and a communications team and box office support volunteer.
As well as playing a key role in helping ensure events run smoothly, volunteers also gain a unique insight into the festival which brings an eclectic mix of theatre, music, literature and more to the city and county.
Volunteer coordinator Amy Palmer said: 'Volunteering at Norfolk and Norwich Festival is a fantastic way to learn new skills, meet new people and be part of one of the largest arts festivals in the UK, right on your own doorstep. Whether this is your first time or you're a seasoned volunteer, we'd love you to get involved and champion great art and culture.
You may also want to watch:
'Last year over 100 people took part, assuming roles from virtual reality swing operators though to dog walkers! You can find out more or apply online by filling in a simple form, all entries must be submitted by 9.30am on Monday, March 12.'
For more about applying to be a festival volunteer, click here
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143