Visit the Ron Sayer blues gig at Sheringham Little Theatre and be part of a live album recording
- Credit: Archant
A blues band is urging fans to turn up to its next gig - and be part of a live album recording.
Guitarist Ron Sayer from North Walsham and his wife Charlotte are performing with their band Ron Sayer Junior at the Sheringham Little Theatre on Saturday May 9.
And the aim is to record the session for the band's third album.
Mr Sayer said it would be a combination of songs from their previous two discs - Better Side and Hard to Please - combined with covers of classic songs by artists such Tina Turner, Etta James and Rory Gallagher.
'We want as many fans as possible to come along to support us, and make a noise for the recording.
'We have never done this before and there will be extra pressure knowing it is being turned into a live album, because we want to do our best,' added the writer and performer with more than 30 years experience in the music business, from teaching and studio recording to live touring as far as the United States and Russia.
Ron, on guitar and vocals, is joined by Charlotte on keyboards and vocals, with Paul Wooden from Ormesby on drums and Will Overton from Stalham on bass and vocals.
- 1 Obituary: Tributes after 'heart-shaped hole' is left following teaching assistant's death
- 2 Hermes courier and his wife could be jailed over ‘stolen parcels’
- 3 Norfolk to be battered by winds of up to 65mph as Storm Arwen hits UK
- 4 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of sexually assaulting girl on her way to school
- 6 A11 northbound closed following crash near Attleborough
- 7 Fire crews tackle large barn blaze
- 8 How Norfolk's current Covid figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 9 Significant damage to church after metal stolen from roof
- 10 'It was a shock' - Burglars raid newsagent after smashing window with axe
There is an extra incentive for audience members as they can pre-order the album and redeem their ticket to get it at half price.
The band will be supported by acoustic duo The Broken Maps for the gig.
For tickets call the box office on 01263 822347 or visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com