Vienna Festival Ballet gala show on Cromer Pier
- Credit: Archant
Beloved ballet movements will be performed at an end-of-the-pier theatre to celebrate 35 years of a touring dance company.
The anniversary gala show by the Vienna Festival Ballet is coming to Cromer Pier's Pavilion Theatre on Saturday April 4 at 6.30pm.
It will feature highlights of popular ballets by Tchaikovsky which have been performed by the dance company over the past few years.
Highlights of the show include Rose Adagio and Bluebird pas de deux from Sleeping Beauty, as well as Clara's journey to the glittering land of snow in The Nutcracker.
Gershwin's ground-breaking Rhapsody in Blue is also featured, as is the famous lakeside scene from Swan Lake, including the Dance of the Cygnets, which opens the second act.
You may also want to watch:
The highly successful hip hop scene from Vienna Festival Ballet's Snow White, the Dance of the Mirlitons and the Trepak Dance from the Nutcracker are also included.
The gala closes with the Corn pas de deux from Coppélia and a grand finale.
- 1 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Chef Galton Blackiston closes fish and chip shop during week
- 5 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 6 Brothers take wedding bookings for 2022 after finishing barn project
- 7 Town left at standstill after level crossing failure
- 8 Driver's lucky escape as lorry ends up in ditch
- 9 'Beccles Mafia' reported to police for harassing elderly shoppers
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change
An introduction to ballet workshop will be held at the theatre on the same day at 4pm before the show starts.
Tickets for the gala cost £20 for adults and £15 for under 14s. Tickets for both the show and workshop cost £25 per adult and £20 per child.
Call the box office on 01263 512495 or visit www.cromer-pier.com to book.
To have a chance of winning a pair of tickets buy a copy of this week's North Norfolk News and enter a competition in the Guide section.