Video: Peter Pan takes to the ice at King’s Lynn Corn Exchange
Children's classic comes to life with Russian Ice Stars on specially-constructed ice rink
King's Lynn Corn Exchange will a bit chilly over the next few days - but only because a Russian ice dance group will be in town.
Peter Pan on Ice opens at the venue this afternoon when a seven-foot-tall Captain Hook swept onto the rink as part of the cast.
The ice rink has been specially created at the Corn Exchange for the show which runs until Saturday and the classic children's story has been adapted to create an ice extravaganza.
Aerial gymnasts Ekaterina Belokopytova and her husband Alexander Belokopytov perform breathtaking moves suspended above the ice in their roles as members of the pirate crew.
The couple, both professionally-trained gymnasts, have been with the Russian Ice Stars since 1999 and their thrilling display is bound to have audiences on the edge of their seats.
Unique touches to the show also include a Penny Farthing bicycle being ridden across the ice.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 4 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
Andrey Chuvilyaev plays the part of the villanous Hook and his sheer size is enough to draw gasps, let alone his ice skating skills.
The production has been on tour since the beginning of the year and is due to end in Derby next month before heading to the warmer climes of Brazil for a run.
Tickets for the production have been selling well, but there are still some available from the box office on 01553 764864.