VIDEO: Musicians and dancers from Rian perform outside St Andrew’s Hall in Norwich
Passers-by enjoyed an impromptu performance of Irish music and dancing in the sunshine as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
The musicians and performers from Rian are using Blackfriars' Hall in Norwich to perfect their show ahead of their performances at Norwich Theatre Royal on Thursday and Friday.
This afternoon they took a break from rehearsals to treat people to a short outdoor performance outside St Andrew's Hall and give people a snapshot of what is in-store for their audiences at the end of the week.
Rian - which means mark or trace in Irish - is described as a fusion of traditional Irish music and Irish contemporary dance theatre.
It is a collaboration by Fabulous Beast Dance Theatre and Irish rock musician Liam O Maonlai of Hothouse Flowers.
Choreographer and founding director of Fabulous Beast, Michael Keegan-Dolan, who has had three Olivier Award nominations, said the team were really enjoying their time in Norwich and looking forward to the shows.
'Norwich is a lovely place, Everyone likes Norwich and we have been to places all over the world,' he said.
- 1 Four vehicles, including lorry, involved in 'serious crash' on A1067
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 First look at the new Scandi-style homes coming to a Breckland village
- 5 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 6 Family pub and restaurant opens outdoor pool to cold water swimmers
- 7 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 8 Serial beggar jailed for 12 weeks after breaching Criminal Behaviour Order
- 9 Schools in Norfolk face classroom closures due to coronavirus
- 10 Driver banned for being fraction over limit
Following Rian's performances in Norwich the production will be heading to Ireland, Paris and New York.
• Rian will be performed at 8pm on Thursday and Friday at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Tickets cost �5.50 to �21 (�5 for under 25s who book in advance).
Book tickets online at www.nnfestival.org.uk, in person at Norwich Theatre Royal, or by calling the festival box office on 01603 766400,