VIDEO: Musicians and dancers from Rian perform outside St Andrew’s Hall in Norwich
Passers-by enjoyed an impromptu performance of Irish music and dancing in the sunshine as part of the Norfolk and Norwich Festival.
The musicians and performers from Rian are using Blackfriars' Hall in Norwich to perfect their show ahead of their performances at Norwich Theatre Royal on Thursday and Friday.
This afternoon they took a break from rehearsals to treat people to a short outdoor performance outside St Andrew's Hall and give people a snapshot of what is in-store for their audiences at the end of the week.
Rian - which means mark or trace in Irish - is described as a fusion of traditional Irish music and Irish contemporary dance theatre.
It is a collaboration by Fabulous Beast Dance Theatre and Irish rock musician Liam O Maonlai of Hothouse Flowers.
You may also want to watch:
Choreographer and founding director of Fabulous Beast, Michael Keegan-Dolan, who has had three Olivier Award nominations, said the team were really enjoying their time in Norwich and looking forward to the shows.
'Norwich is a lovely place, Everyone likes Norwich and we have been to places all over the world,' he said.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 3 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 4 'Isolate from your household' plea as Covid soars in Norwich
- 5 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 6 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 7 Concern elderly people 'being ignored' as town has no vaccination centre
- 8 Man seriously injured after Norfolk crash
- 9 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths
- 10 'They don't care': Retired couple slam council over 'dangerous' tree
Following Rian's performances in Norwich the production will be heading to Ireland, Paris and New York.
• Rian will be performed at 8pm on Thursday and Friday at Norwich Theatre Royal.
Tickets cost �5.50 to �21 (�5 for under 25s who book in advance).
Book tickets online at www.nnfestival.org.uk, in person at Norwich Theatre Royal, or by calling the festival box office on 01603 766400,