Video: Lead singer of Norwich band The Kabeedies to quit
The lead singer of one of Norwich's best known bands is to quit the group,
Katie Allard, who has fronted The Kabeedies for the past five years, will play her final gigs with the band this weekend.
The band, who won Norwich's Next Big Thing competition in 2007, issued a statement today to announce her departure.
They said: 'After five years of playing together Katie has decided to pursue other things and leave touring to the rest of us fools. 'We wish her all the best and we want to assure everyone that we still very much love her, no sensational arguments or anything, just a mutual parting of ways leaving us with nothing but a wealth of incredible memories and happy thoughts.
'Our last show in England with Katie will be our two gigs at Open in Norwich in front of our home fans on Saturday - a fitting end to a wonderful era.' The rest of the band - Rory Hill, Evan Jones and Fab Bell - plan to keep the band together and are working on their third album.
• The Kabeedies will play two shows at the Open venue in Bank Plain on Saturday. The all ages show, which also features Britain's Got Talent star Sam Kelly, is at 12,30pm and the over 18s show is at 7pm.
Tickets are available on 01603 508050.
- 1 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 2 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 5 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 6 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 7 How Covid restrictions will change in England this week
- 8 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 9 Two recycling centres to be closed - and replaced with new £4m tips
- 10 Vicar’s astonishing outburst against the Bishop in town's long-running row