Video: Lead singer of Norwich band The Kabeedies to quit
The lead singer of one of Norwich's best known bands is to quit the group,
Katie Allard, who has fronted The Kabeedies for the past five years, will play her final gigs with the band this weekend.
The band, who won Norwich's Next Big Thing competition in 2007, issued a statement today to announce her departure.
They said: 'After five years of playing together Katie has decided to pursue other things and leave touring to the rest of us fools. 'We wish her all the best and we want to assure everyone that we still very much love her, no sensational arguments or anything, just a mutual parting of ways leaving us with nothing but a wealth of incredible memories and happy thoughts.
'Our last show in England with Katie will be our two gigs at Open in Norwich in front of our home fans on Saturday - a fitting end to a wonderful era.' The rest of the band - Rory Hill, Evan Jones and Fab Bell - plan to keep the band together and are working on their third album.
You may also want to watch:
• The Kabeedies will play two shows at the Open venue in Bank Plain on Saturday. The all ages show, which also features Britain's Got Talent star Sam Kelly, is at 12,30pm and the over 18s show is at 7pm.
Tickets are available on 01603 508050.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 6 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 7 Vandals leave £80,000 trail of destruction in car park
- 8 PM warns there will be no 'open sesame' lockdown exit
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner