Video: British Juggling Convention in Norwich
Simon ParkinEver wanted to learn how to juggle or ride a unicycle? Then now is your chance as hundreds of jugglers descend on the city for the highlight of the British circus calendar.Simon Parkin
Ever wanted to learn how to juggle or ride a unicycle? Then now is your chance as hundreds of jugglers descend on the city for the highlight of the British circus calendar.
The 22nd annual British Juggling Convention has brought 1,000 professional performers and enthusiastic amateurs from as far and wide as Japan, Indonesia and Canada.
The five-day celebration, being held at the Hewett School until Sunday, provides an opportunity for anybody interested in circus arts to join in the fun and soak up the atmosphere.
As well as juggling in its various forms, there are workshops in diabolo, unicycling, trapeze and hula-hooping. There are also a number of shows running over the next few days including a 45-minute fire show.
Organiser Jak Elyard said: 'It's like a music festival without the music, very chilled out with lots of people going to workshops as they want to. There will be people balancing things on their head and people going about on unicycles, it's a big skill exchange and everyone is happy to help someone else.'
Day tickets are �25/�20 for adults, �10 for children.
- 1 Two Norfolk seaside hotels named among the best in Britain
- 2 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 3 Norfolk couple: 'We’ve lost £30k in cryptocurrency scam'
- 4 Lane of A47 remains shut after serious crash yesterday afternoon
- 5 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 6 Man seriously injured in A47 crash after police pursuit
- 7 Queen's Platinum Jubilee flypast rehearses over Norfolk
- 8 Boat users given fines over £16k for breaking rules on Norfolk Broads
- 9 A47 closed for several hours following crash in west Norfolk
- 10 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
On Saturday (12-4pm) performers will also be at The Forum for the Juggling Olympics and free street shows.