Video: Arnold Schwarzenegger’s famous “I’ll be back” phrase tops poll of best movie quotes - but what is your favourite line from a film?
Arnold Schwarzenegger has terminated the opposition to top a poll to find the most memorable movie line of all time.
The actor-turned-politician's famous line from The Terminator - 'I'll be back' - picked up 16pc of votes, beating Clark Gable's 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn' from the American Civil War epic Gone With The Wind.
Other popular lines included 'May the force be with you' from Star Wars and Humphrey Bogart's immortal 'Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine' from the wartime classic Casablanca.
The poll of 2,000 people, commissioned by Sky's movie streaming service NOW TV, also asked film fans to pick a recent quote they think will live on in cinema history and almost a third (32.65pc) went for the line 'With great power comes great responsibility' from Spider-Man.
NOW TV's Simon Creasey said: 'The research shows that movies have become a fundamental part of our everyday lives. We were surprised to see that 6pc of the nation use movie quotes in business meetings at work, 4pc slip movie quotes in at weddings and 3pc even try quoting a movie to talk their way out of a parking ticket. Following this research, it will be interesting to see how many of us are able to catch our friends, family and colleagues using movie quotes in everyday conversation.'
What are your favourite quotes from films? Share your top movie quotes with us below.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 3 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 4 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 War-time bomb lay dormant for 80 years before exploding under fishing boat
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 Arrive by boat at new Norfolk wedding venue