Video: Arnold Schwarzenegger’s famous “I’ll be back” phrase tops poll of best movie quotes - but what is your favourite line from a film?
Arnold Schwarzenegger has terminated the opposition to top a poll to find the most memorable movie line of all time.
The actor-turned-politician's famous line from The Terminator - 'I'll be back' - picked up 16pc of votes, beating Clark Gable's 'Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn' from the American Civil War epic Gone With The Wind.
Other popular lines included 'May the force be with you' from Star Wars and Humphrey Bogart's immortal 'Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine' from the wartime classic Casablanca.
The poll of 2,000 people, commissioned by Sky's movie streaming service NOW TV, also asked film fans to pick a recent quote they think will live on in cinema history and almost a third (32.65pc) went for the line 'With great power comes great responsibility' from Spider-Man.
NOW TV's Simon Creasey said: 'The research shows that movies have become a fundamental part of our everyday lives. We were surprised to see that 6pc of the nation use movie quotes in business meetings at work, 4pc slip movie quotes in at weddings and 3pc even try quoting a movie to talk their way out of a parking ticket. Following this research, it will be interesting to see how many of us are able to catch our friends, family and colleagues using movie quotes in everyday conversation.'
You may also want to watch:
What are your favourite quotes from films? Share your top movie quotes with us below.
- 1 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 2 Tributes to 'Winkle' - the legendary landlord who broke the mould
- 3 Village care home confirms coronavirus outbreak
- 4 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 5 Town clerk sacked following months of controversy
- 6 Mansion for sale for £2.5million with helicopter pad
- 7 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 8 Flood alerts across Norfolk ahead of expected rain
- 9 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 10 'My heart was racing' - Horse rider's shocking encounter with speeding van