Van Morrison to play Thetford Forest
The legendary Van Morrison has announced a special performance in Thetford Forest this summer as part of The Forestry Commission's 2007 Forest Tour. The timeless pop crooner is the sixth and final act to be confirmed for High Lodge and will be playing on Saturday June 9.
The legendary Van Morrison has announced a special performance in Thetford Forest this summer as part of The Forestry Commission's 2007 Forest Tour.
The timeless pop crooner is the sixth and final act to be confirmed for High Lodge and will be playing on Saturday June 9.
With many international hits over five decades, he is one of the few artists to whom the music critics can accurately ascribe genius.
Van Morrison experienced initial chart success in the sixties with his band, Them, and singles like Baby Please Don't Go and Here Comes The Night.
A prolific recording artist, his skill at marrying lyrics, tunes and arrangements influenced by blues, jazz, gospel and country has resulted in a succession of classic albums like Astral Weeks, Moondance, Into The Music, Avalon Sunset, Days Like This and What's Wrong With This Picture?.
Tracks like Bright Side of The Road, Have I Told You Lately, Gloria and Brown Eyed Girl' have become regular fixtures for radio airplay across the globe.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 3 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 6 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 7 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 8 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 9 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 10 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
The new album Van Morrison at The Movies is out now featuring music from the films such as Thelma & Louise, The Last Waltz, Born On The Fourth Of July, An Officer And A Gentleman and more.
Peter Rawlinson, of the Forestry Commission said: “It is a great privilege that we have secured a date with one of the greatest singer-songwriters of all time. I am sure this show will prove immensely popular with our concert-going public.”
Tickets for Van Morrison's Saturday 9th June concert at High Lodge, Thetford Forest, near Brandon, are priced £29.50 (subject to booking fee) and go on sale this Friday 16th March from 9.00am.
Call the ticket hotline on 01842 814612 or buy on line at www.ticketline.co.uk and www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
James Morrison, which is sold out, Travis, The Feeling, M People, and Blondie have also been confirmed for the six Thetford Forest dates in June and July.