Blicking Hall set to rock to the sounds of Classic Ibiza
- Credit: James Bass
Live performances from muscians including world-class classical and dance ensemble Urban Soul Orchestra and top tunes from international DJ Goldierocks will feature in this summer's Classic Ibiza, which runs at Blickling Hall in August.
The concert, which is being hosted by Revival Productions in association with dance music pioneers Ministry of Sound, promises to be bigger and better than ever, with a host of vocalists performing some of the biggest dance tracks of the past 20 years.
The family-friendly event will kick off with a chill-out set during which concert-goers can enjoy a picnic and a drink, or dance as the sun goes down.
DJ Goldierocks, whose cutting-edge 'Selector' radio show has more than 4 million listeners worldwide and whose celebrity fans include Kate Moss, The Rolling Stones and the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, will then turn up the volume, before the Urban Soul Orchestra takes the stage.
The 32-piece group - a contemporary string ensemble incorporating percussion, brass, DJ and vocals - was founded 20 years ago by musician Stephen Hussey, and has since worked with top artists including Groove Armada, Soul II Soul, Oasis and Mariah Carey.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Ward, of event organisers Revival Productions, said the concert, which was expected to be a sell-out, promised to be a 'magical, alfresco celebration', with a laser show and giant screens positioned around the stage.
This year's set will include a number of new tracks, with concert-goers also invited to request their favourite dance anthems before the concert via social media.
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 More than 300 homes hit by power cut in mid Norfolk
'We carefully plan every aspect of Classic Ibiza to ensure that everyone that attends is assured of having a truly unforgettable evening,' Ms Ward added. 'In addition to the amazing artists, what really sets Classic Ibiza apart is that it is a concert for all the family, so whether you are six or 60, you are assured of having a fantastic evening in a safe and family-friendly environment.'
Classic Ibiza runs at Blickling Hall on August 10. Gates open at 5.30pm, with the chill-out set starting at 7.30pm. Tickets, priced £39.50 adults, £17.50 children aged 5-6 (under 5s free), are available from the box office on 01283 841601 or from www.classicibiza.co.uk