Two sets of Von Trapp children limber up for Cromer Sound of Music show
- Credit: Archant
The rehearsal rooms are alive with the sound of children - as two sets of youngsters limber up for a singalong musical heading to Cromer Pier.
The Cromer and Sheringham Operatic and Dramatic Society has recruited a double set of children from the Von Trapp family who will take it in turns to perform in the Sound of Music show beginning in late May.
All the multi-talented children, who are all local and can sing, act and dance, have been rehearsing since January for the society's annual spring musical show, with lavish sets, costumes and a full orchestra.
The youngest are aged just five and the oldest is 19. The two groups, matching the Alpine theme of the plot about would-be nun Maria, are named the Schnitzel and the Strudel teams. Louise Weller who plays the part of Leisl for both teams is missing from the photographs.
Society spokesman Ruth Elliott said: 'You will be inspired by the astounding emotion of Climb Ev'ry Mountain, sung by Janette Davidson in her role as Mother Abbess, and which, for many, is the most dramatic song in the entire show. This is great all round family entertainment at its best.'
The show runs from May 25 to June 1, with matinees on Sunday May 26 and Saturday June 1.
Tickets are available now from the Pavilion Theatre box office on 01263 512495.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash
- 3 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 4 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 5 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 6 Air ambulance called after three people seriously injured in A47 crash
- 7 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 8 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 Jailed in Norfolk: Flytippers and paedophiles