The Water Rats, London
> The Water Rats, London
Following in the footsteps of The Darkness, the EDP Next Big Thing finalists, Turnstone, kicked off their series of London gigs at one of the capital's most prestigious venues for new musical talent.
Performing original material only, the five-piece rock outfit opened with the rousing When I get you alone.
Before the capacity crowd could regain their composure, they blasted into dance- floor favourite Give everything you've got.
You may also want to watch:
Using their well-practised stagecraft, they gently calmed the crowd to the aptly named Calm down Carrie, a mellifluous song which demonstrated the technical ability of all the band members.
The greatest moment of the evening came when the lead singer cajoled the crowd into singing the chorus of the simple yet effective, I will take you home.
- 1 Man, 89, was killed by lorry as he headed to his parents' grave
- 2 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 3 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 4 Go-ahead for eagles to be reintroduced to Norfolk
- 5 'Absolutely horrific' - Girl, 14, kicked and punched in face in fight
- 6 Former Primark store goes up for rent
- 7 Ten Covid patients in Norfolk's hospitals means more restrictions should be eased
- 8 1,000 people book for Norwich restaurant's 'back out to help out' offer
- 9 Drivers facing long delays on A146 due to roadworks
- 10 Man admits downloading more than 2000 indecent photos of children
With Cheshire cat grins plastered over their sweating faces, they encored to the powerful guitar-led Feena Roulette.
Turnstone should be proud of their performance.