Tsunami fundraiser at the Waterfront
COLIN WILSON The Waterfront in Norwich will be holding a fundraising event for the DEC Tsunami Earthquake Appeal this Friday, January 14.
The Waterfront in Norwich will be holding a fundraising event for the DEC Tsunami Earthquake Appeal this Friday, January 14 (8pm-1am).
Party for Peace features a collection of bands and performers with diverse and eclectic playing styles spread across the world, including classical Indian, African-style drumming, reggae, folk and indie.
Bands appearing on the main stage include Lark, The Bells The Bells, Sargasso Trio, Enlightening Strikes, Djole and Mr Daz and Ali.
Upstairs, Howlback Hum presents acoustic artists throughout the night including Andrew Taylor, Meri and Klunk.
There will also be a cultural fair with Indian clothing, local hand-made clothes and hats, record stalls, band merchandise and art gallery with artwork presented by local artists.
- 1 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 2 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 3 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 4 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 5 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 6 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 7 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 8 Norwich man sentenced to life imprisonment after murder conviction
- 9 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 10 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
Tickets are £7 on the door or £6 in advance are available from the UEA Union, Waterfront, Soundclash and HMV in Norwich, or telephone the box office on 01603 508050 or visit www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk