Trunch concerts opening performance of St John Passion is cancelled
The opening performance of this year's Trunch concerts has been cancelled.
The 14th annual musical extravaganza was due to be launched tomorrow (Sunday) night at St Boltoph's Church with a performance of St John Passion, featuring singers Christopher Roache and Dirk Snellings along with violinist Adam Summerhayes and the Festival Baroque Choir and Orchestra.
But due to the 'indisposition of performers' organises have had to make the 'difficult decision' to cancel the concert.
They have suggested to classical fans however, that they can still see Bach's famous work this weekend as the Cromer and Sheringham Choral Society will be performing St John Passion tonight (Saturday).
The 7.30pm show at St Peter's Parish Church in Sheringham features singers Christopher Barnes, Tom Stoddart, Emma Smith, Freya Jacklin and David McKee accompanied by a specially invited orchestra.
The performance, conducted by the group's new musical director Nathan Waring, will be sung in English.
? Tickets cost �10 in advance from Sheringham Little Theatre box office on 01263 822347 or �12 on the door. Under 18s go free.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents