Top writer at medieval day of celebration
- Credit: Archant
Would-be writers have a chance to learn more about the art at two free taster workshops tomorrow led by a top short story writer.
Anna Metcalfe, a lecturer at UEA, was runner up for the Pulitzer prize for short stories and the Sunday Times prize for short stories, in 2014.
She will be attending a day of events celebrating Norfolk's ancient Paston family, taking place at St Margaret's Church, Paston, from 11am-4pm.
Short stories on the theme Dreams of Life and Death, written by those on a four-week course led by Ms Metcalfe, will be on show.
Attractions also include an exhibition of paintings, ceramics and textiles, church tours, storytelling, re-enactors and refreshments. All the activities are inspired by the church's medieval wall paintings.
The domestic letters of the Pastons are highly valued by Wars of the Roses historians.
- 1 Case of Omicron Covid variant confirmed in north Norfolk
- 2 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 3 Norfolk college named best secondary school in the UK
- 4 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
- 5 Man charged with drink driving after crash at police station
- 6 Woman with scissors said she wanted to murder someone at supermarket
- 7 ‘This was our worst nightmare’: Locals shock after man dies in crash
- 8 Waste carrier fined £1,900 after metal and containers found in woodland
- 9 Confusion as people in Norfolk mistakenly turn up for booster jab
- 10 Plan to charge for seafront floral tributes is agreed