Top Norfolk folk acts in North Walsham this weekend
- Credit: Archant
Top Norfolk folk acts appear together for the first time in a concert at North Walsham's Atrium arts centre this Saturday, June 1.
Electric folk band Stone Angel, whose 1975 eponymous debut album is now considered an acid-folk classic, will be topping the bill.
The quintet, still led by founder members Ken and Joan Saul, recently released their latest album Between the Water and the Sky, featuring traditional Norfolk songs and tunes as well as others inspired by local people, life and legends.
Support will come from highly-rated unaccompanied harmony trio Poacher featuring Dave Robertson, June Thaine and Kevin Green with a repertoire stretching from the English tradition to Richard Thompson.
The concert also sees the big stage debut of Uncle Walter's All-Stars - Tony Fitzharris, Kelly Woods and Mike Thomas - a new trio formed by regulars at the monthly Uncle Walter's Music Night session held in North Walsham.
The concert, at 8pm on Saturday, is at the Atrium, Spenser Avenue, North Walsham, NR28 9HZ. Tickets £5 from theatrium.org.uk or (01692) 400080.
- 1 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 6 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich
- 7 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 8 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 9 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 10 Builder of 15 years puts down tools and opens smokehouse restaurant