ALISON CROOSE King's Lynn Corn Exchange
> King's Lynn Corn Exchange
Ostensibly the peg for this one-man show was The Worst Jobs in History, the theme of Robinson's latest book and TV show. In reality it was much better than that and was more of “an audience with...”
By his own admission a diminutive man, Tony Robinson used all the stage and auditorium to prove himself a riveting entertainer who quickly built up a rapport with his audience then kept them absorbed and amused.
Here was a passionate historian who has revelled in 12 years of Time Team and was driven by his fascination with the past to research off-beat aspects of our forebears who toiled on a variety of unsavoury jobs.
His show, full of energy and enthusiasm, revealed a man just loving direct communication with a live audience.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 5 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 Tucked-away house in same family for over 100 years up for sale
- 9 Elderly driver taken to hospital after village green crash
- 10 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
He welcomed the opportunity to offer a candid picture of his youth and gratitude for the life-changing opportunities presented by his role in Blackadder.
The child actor who played the Artful Dodger alongside Ron Moody as Fagin in Oliver!, who truanted, cheated in exams and left school at 16, knew he had arrived when he broke into the “charmed circle” of Oxbridge graduates to land the part of the repugnant Baldrick.