Tom Odell, UEA Norwich
- Credit: Archant
It's hard to define the raw new talent that is Tom Odell.
Pop at some moments, folk and bluesy at times and driving indie-style rock at others.
Perhaps we shouldn't even try to put a label on one of the great musical talents to reach the heights this year.
Suffice it to say that he's a 20-year-old with a big future.
At the heart of his four-piece band, piano-playing Tom shows the cutting hunger of youth.
He wowed one and all with a voice which mixes gravel tones with softest chocolate – it's an exciting combination.
The youngster at times put so much passion in to his singing that he seems ready to burst into tears.
- 1 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 2 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 3 Staff and customers gutted after fire badly damages popular takeaway
- 4 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 5 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 6 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 7 Is this Norfolk's quirkiest cafe?
- 8 Pressure waves of Hunga Tonga volcanic eruption felt across East Anglia
- 9 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 10 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
The Sussex boy's journey began with the iconic Another Love EP – the title track of which had everyone bopping.
Then came this year's brilliant debut album, Long Way Down, which provided a feast of tracks.
I think we can say that British music has another love – take a bow Mr Odell.