Tom Odell, UEA Norwich
- Credit: Archant
It's hard to define the raw new talent that is Tom Odell.
Pop at some moments, folk and bluesy at times and driving indie-style rock at others.
Perhaps we shouldn't even try to put a label on one of the great musical talents to reach the heights this year.
Suffice it to say that he's a 20-year-old with a big future.
At the heart of his four-piece band, piano-playing Tom shows the cutting hunger of youth.
You may also want to watch:
He wowed one and all with a voice which mixes gravel tones with softest chocolate – it's an exciting combination.
The youngster at times put so much passion in to his singing that he seems ready to burst into tears.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
The Sussex boy's journey began with the iconic Another Love EP – the title track of which had everyone bopping.
Then came this year's brilliant debut album, Long Way Down, which provided a feast of tracks.
I think we can say that British music has another love – take a bow Mr Odell.