Tom Odell review: ‘A perfect example of an artist who exceeds all expectations live’
- Credit: Archant
British singer-songwriter Tom Odell was first noticed back in 2012 by Lily Allen when he was signed to 'In the Name Of'.
His debut extended play Songs From Another Love released in 2012 saw him win a BRIT's Critics' Choice Award in early 2013, and it's easy to see why after his set at Sunday Sessions.
He opened his main stage performance with Still Getting Used to Being on my Own, which was met with almighty cheers whilst Tom hammered on the keys of the piano.
This led seamlessly into an extended rendition of I Know where he further emphasised what a phenomenal voice he has and how second nature playing piano is to him.
His set was packed with tight riffs, catchy melodies and a performance that was completely infectious to watch.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Odell is a perfect example of an artist who exceeds all expectations live, is better live than on his studio recordings and puts on a show that many will remember for weeks to come.
Not only that but its such a pleasure to see an artist who is completely humbled by the crowd response and is quite obviously thrilled to have been given the chance to perform to such a large crowd.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Nurse's 'heartbreak' over hospital care as her father dies on Covid ward
- 4 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 5 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 6 Deputy lieutenant of Norfolk sells beloved thatched Broads home
- 7 'I've lost my pension': Car collection destroyed by 'professional' vandal
- 8 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 9 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 10 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?