Tom Odell review: ‘A perfect example of an artist who exceeds all expectations live’
- Credit: Archant
British singer-songwriter Tom Odell was first noticed back in 2012 by Lily Allen when he was signed to 'In the Name Of'.
His debut extended play Songs From Another Love released in 2012 saw him win a BRIT's Critics' Choice Award in early 2013, and it's easy to see why after his set at Sunday Sessions.
He opened his main stage performance with Still Getting Used to Being on my Own, which was met with almighty cheers whilst Tom hammered on the keys of the piano.
This led seamlessly into an extended rendition of I Know where he further emphasised what a phenomenal voice he has and how second nature playing piano is to him.
His set was packed with tight riffs, catchy melodies and a performance that was completely infectious to watch.
You may also want to watch:
Tom Odell is a perfect example of an artist who exceeds all expectations live, is better live than on his studio recordings and puts on a show that many will remember for weeks to come.
Not only that but its such a pleasure to see an artist who is completely humbled by the crowd response and is quite obviously thrilled to have been given the chance to perform to such a large crowd.
- 1 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 4 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 5 'Embarrassing' - City fans ask questions of Farke after Chelsea thrashing
- 6 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 7 Revealed: The cheapest towns in Norfolk to buy a home
- 8 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143