Time is running out for you to nominate your cultural heroes for our special awards
- Credit: Simon Finlay Photography
Time is running out for people to nominate their stars of the Norfolk arts scene for one of our special awards.
The EDP People's Choice Awards are once again part of the annual Norfolk Arts Awards and they are designed to give our readers the chance to shine a spotlight on their cultural heroes.
Whether you want to applaud an amazing show you have seen in the last year, say thank you to an amazing teacher who has truly inspired you in the arts, or celebrate a venue or organisation that is achieving great things for the city and county, we would love to hear from you.
We have already received lots of great entries from across Norfolk, and together they highlight how lucky we are to live in a county that has such a brilliant cultural community, providing audiences with great entertainment throughout the year and also giving people of all abilities the chance to explore their creative sides.
Last year's winners of the EDP People's Choice Awards accolades were Cinema City, Sheringham Little Theatre and comedy duo The Nimmo Twins, and people have until Wednesday, August 16 to submit nominations for the 2017 awards.
There are three EDP People's Choice Awards categories - best individual, best small organisation or group, and best large organisation or group - and you can enter nominations via the form on this story or at www.norfolkartsawards.orgTen nominees will then be selected for each of the categories and an online public vote will then decide who are the ultimate EDP People's Choice Awards winners for 2017.
You may also want to watch:
The winners will be announced at the Norfolk Arts Awards - part of the Hostry Festival and in association with the Eastern Daily Press - at Norwich Cathedral's Hostry on Friday, October 20.
The ceremony will also reveal the winners of an array of other awards spanning the entire spectrum of the arts, from music to theatre to education and community.
To nominate your stars of the Norfolk arts scene for an EDP People's Choice Award, fill in the online form on this story or visit www.norfolkartsawards.org
The Hostry Festival runs from October 15 to 29. For more information about festival events, visit www.hostryfestival.org
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 6 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 10 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’