Tim Minchin: So Rock
Wide-eyed in the spotlight, Tim Minchin gets laughs before opening his mouth, thanks to an absurdly precise mime to his new show's title song that encompasses air-drumming of which even Alan Partridge would be proud.
Having won Best Newcomer at the 2005 Edinburgh Fringe, the Gonk-haired Australian (think Bill Bailey's crazed little brother) has acquired a devoted following, drawn to his whimsical, slyly comic songs and twitchy, nervous demeanour.
Consisting mostly of his tongue-in-cheek compositions, the show is interspersed with straight stand-up interludes that arguably fare less well.
However, his recitation of Angry, a poem written apparently on the advice of his psychologist, is a non-musical highlight.
- 1 'Heartbroken' pet owner thanks community after missing dog found dead
- 2 'Absolute insanity' - Village' in massive backlash to homes plan
- 3 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
- 4 Queen flown by helicopter to Sandringham Estate
- 5 Murder inquiry as teenage woman dies after car crash in Norfolk village
- 6 Fire destroys roof of Norwich home
- 7 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 8 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 9 7 of the best places to get street food on the Norfolk coast
- 10 Seven of the best locations for a minibreak staycation in Norfolk