Thursford festive show already a big hit
RICHARD PARR Staff at the Thursford Collection museum, near Fakenham, are dealing with a record-breaking 85,000 applications for tickets for this year's Christmas Spectacular.
Staff at the Thursford Collection museum, near Fakenham, are dealing with a record-breaking 85,000 applications for tickets for this year's Christmas Spectacular.
On the first day when office staff returned after their Christmas and New Year break, post bags contained 59,000 applications for tickets.
This year's 29th show is due to start on November 12 and such is the anticipated demand from people all over the country to see the show that additional performances may have to be fitted during midweek evenings in November.
You may also want to watch:
Last year's show – regarded as the biggest of its kind in the country – was seen by a record-breaking 104,000 people and this year's could set a new record.
The show's founder and director, John Cushing, is replying personally to more than 200 letters complimenting him on the high standard of the festive show.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 3 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 8 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
Mr Cushing's personal assistant, Geraldine Rye, said that such a high number of applications for tickets was extremely encouraging, particularly as indications are that there are a significant percentage of new applicants, among the ones that are submitted by groups and organisations and individuals year after year.