Three One-Act Plays, Sheringham
RICHARD BATSON A three-course feast of quickfire comedy is served up by Sheringham Players for their spring production.
A three-course feast of quickfire comedy is served up by Sheringham Players for their spring production at the Little Theatre.
Between Mouthfuls cleverly flits between two arguing couples at restaurant dining tables – following the eyes and ears of a discreet but determined waiter, played brilliantly by Kees van Woerkom.
On one table are Mr and Mrs Pearce (Neil Batchelor and Janet Kelly) while at the other simmer his work underling Martin (Carl Denis) and wife Polly (Jo Kirkham).
You may also want to watch:
Last Scene of All takes a wicked peek at the pretensions and prejudices in a home for retired actors.
To beat the boredom they snipe at each other, with the classically-trained Dame Anthea and Francesca (Joan Spall and Joyce Harvey) sneering at the variety singers and dancers Bobbie and Cherry (Jennifer Stevens and Coral Batchelor). The men are little better, with Anthony Redfearn (Gerald Fisher) and Arthur Pendragon (Graham Blyth) also living past roles. Their foibles are stripped bare by former dresser Gladys, superbly played by Sarah Westlake.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 8 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 9 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
Caught on the Hop is a farce set in Victorian Paris, where the philanderings of husband Etienne Fontaineau (Graham Blyth) and his wife Sophie (Susan Knights) are exposed in a corkscrew plot.