Thousands line the streets for Norwich for Christmas light switch on
Thousands of people lined the streets of Norwich for the festive light switch on.
Crowds of people wrapped up warm with handheld lights joined Norwich City Council for its annual Christmas event.
This year saw the Britain's Got Talent, father and son duo, Tim and Jack Goodacre, of Eccles, push the plunger to switch on the lights.
Tim said: 'We are so excited to be here, we have come to see the switch on before, but I'm sure it's much different when you're the one actually doing it!'
Once the plunger was pushed, lights at City Hall, Jarrolds and the Tunnel of Light were switched on for the public to enjoy.
Other events included the traditional snowball throw, a Santa's grotto and Father Christmas parade.
- 1 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 2 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 5 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
- 8 Norfolk man's relatable videos earn him millions of views and celeb fans
- 9 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 10 Can you spot yourself in our pictures from Reepham Festival?