Thousands line the streets for Norwich for Christmas light switch on
Thousands of people lined the streets of Norwich for the festive light switch on.
Crowds of people wrapped up warm with handheld lights joined Norwich City Council for its annual Christmas event.
This year saw the Britain's Got Talent, father and son duo, Tim and Jack Goodacre, of Eccles, push the plunger to switch on the lights.
Tim said: 'We are so excited to be here, we have come to see the switch on before, but I'm sure it's much different when you're the one actually doing it!'
Once the plunger was pushed, lights at City Hall, Jarrolds and the Tunnel of Light were switched on for the public to enjoy.
You may also want to watch:
Other events included the traditional snowball throw, a Santa's grotto and Father Christmas parade.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job