Thousands expected at Norfolk Showground for this weekend’s Sundown Festival
Norwich's biggest music festival is ready to get under way this weekend and there are still some tickets available.
Campers will be arriving at the Norfolk Showground this afternoon for the Sundown Festival, formerly Norfolk Spectacular, which has Olly Murs and Chase & Status as the headline acts.
Organisers say they have already sold many more tickets than last year but there are some still available – with some available on the gate.
Sundown Festival spokesman Dion Clements said: 'There are still a few tickets remaining but we have sold a lot more than last year.
'The weather forecast is looking really good for both days, whereas last year we had a lot of rain on one day and then it was an absolute scorcher the other. So if anyone hasn't made plans for the weekend yet, I think we've got a fantastic line-up on offer and I don't think the value for money of what's on offer will be bettered anywhere.'
Former X Factor star Murs will headline the main stage tomorrow, following performances from the likes of Katy B, Pixie Lott, Wiley, Diana Vickers and Stooshe. Chart-topping DJs Chases & Status are top of the bill on the main stage on Sunday, following the likes of rapper Labrinth, Radio One rock DJ Zane Lowe, Miss Dynamite and up-and-coming stars Delilah and Dot Rotten.
There are various other stages, including the UKF and Kiss Presents stages, while there are after-parties for campers between 11am and 1pm each night, featuring star DJ Jaguar Skills tonight.
- 1 Meet the three Norfolk businesses featured in Antiques Road Trip
- 2 The homeless newlyweds who have lived in their car for a year
- 3 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 4 10-year-old town centre deli announces sudden closure
- 5 Family's heartache as dog dies after being hit by Amazon van
- 6 People come 'from all over the country' to try this Norfolk seafood platter
- 7 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 8 Obituary: Farm merchant who helped save revered brewing barley dies aged 81
- 9 A146 closed after three vehicles and motorcycle involved in crash
- 10 Man avoids jail for entering ex-partner's home in court order breach
Weekend camping tickets are now sold out but day tickets can be bought on the gate for �35 and weekend tickets for �60.
To book tickets, which can be collected on the gate, go to www.nationalboxoffice.co.uk or call 0871 224 1112 or 1113.
Tickets cost �29.50 for a day ticket, �55 for a weekend ticket or �90 for a weekend ticket with camping. Gates open at midday and performances will be between 1pm and 10.30pm on both days, with the showground opening at 1pm today and campers having to leave by 1pm on Monday.
People attending the festival will be able to use the First X1 bus service to get directly to the showground. The X1 will be running every 10 minutes, with the last bus leaving the showground at 11.55pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Are you going to Sundown? Send your photos and videos to us at www.iwitness24.co.uk